Holiday Art Walk at Kukuiula
Art Walk at Kukuiula, December 14, 6 to 9 p.m.
Join The Shops at Kukuiula for an enchanting evening of fine art, fine dining and live music under the stars on the second Saturday of each month. December highlights include:
- RED KOI Gallery celebrates Art of Giving in partnership with Palm Palm. Experience hand painted wearable & fine art originals on silk by award-winning local artists with a live wearable silk demonstration. Discover art inspired gifts like Hawaiian Botanical etched stem ware, Vintage Fabric Handbags, original Kauai Oil Paintings, and other fine treasures. In the spirit of the holidays, 10 percent of Art Walk sales will be donated to local Children’s Art Programs on Kauai.
- Renowned artist Tom Lieber opens his new exhibit La’a (“sacred” in Hawaiian) at galerie 103. Join the opening night reception and view the recent works of this exceptional painter and printmaker paired with a selection of contemporary and ancient Hawaii designs inspired kapa by Kauai artist Anne Punohu.
- Halelea Gallery will feature Anuenue and her sunrise shell jewelry, and will be doing a donation giveaway of a Jamie Allen work of art to support an artist in need. This chic boutique within a gallery features original work by top Hawaii artists highlighting the Art of Hawaiian Living such as impressionist and plein air paintings, koa furniture, unique jewelry and locally made gifts and clothing.
- Palms Gallery owner and artist, Craig Freeman will be at the easel for the evening. A percentage of sales on all his fine original paintings will be offered as a donation to the Koloa Elementary School during Art Walk this month. Twenty three artists are featured in this gallery, with the theme of Romantic Hawai`i.
- Meet the award-winning photographer at Scott Hanft Photography, known for a wide range subjects from the Garden Island, often from unique angles. The show features rare historical moments, captured over 24 years on island utilizing all the best modern print mediums.
- Discover the award-winning work of Aaron Feinberg of aFeinberg Gallery. Aaron can typically be found hiking around local mountains, rainforests and beaches on Kauai and on the US Mainland, in search of spectacular scenes.
- Enjoy Jazz by Hank Curtis and Steve Dubey, Latin rhythms by Amit Heri and Cary Valentine, and electric violin by young virtuoso Kim McDonough.
- Extend the evening with many dining and lounge options for a sophisticated night out in Poipu including Merriman’s Fish House, Josselin’s Tapas Bar & Grill, Tortilla Republic, Living Foods and Dolphin Sushi.
On the sunny south shore of Kauai, nestled in renowned resort playground of Poipu, The Shops at Kukuiula is the island’s premier shopping, dining and fine art destination. Showcasing architecture that pays homage to Hawaii’s plantation past, the center is home to dozens of unique shops and boutiques, award-winning restaurants and contemporary art galleries. For more information visit The Shops at Kukuiula website, “like” The Shops at Kukuiula on Facebook, follow @ShopsAtKukuiula on Twitter, or call (808) 742-9545.